CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2009

What to do? What to do?














Well, it's Friday night and I am home alone with the kids. Ryan has been away all week and is finally coming home (thank Goodness)! I am sitting here surfing the web for Christmas gifts thinking what am I going to do with myself. The kids are in bed (a miracle), my daily three loads of laundry are done (but, they are piled on the couch waiting to be folded), the dishes are put away (I thought of saving them for Ryan) and I am left with nothing but my thoughts (dangerous).
What to do? What to do?
Then I check out everyone's blogs and think...Wait a minute?...How long has it been since my last blog?...and I think, it is time!

So what has happened since my last entry?

1. I went to Vancouver for a month to be with Michelle and her family. You would think that four kids, two sisters and two husbands would be a recipe for disaster, however this was not the case. By the end of our trip Michelle and I felt like an old (lesbian) couple. We would joke with each other and call each other "dear" and "honey." We had quite the system! She would cook and I would clean and do the laundry. Liam and my boys all referred to each other as "brothers" and Liam and Tiernan fell asleep together every night.



I have to make special note of these pictures and comment on my AMAZING nephew. He is of course, one of my boys. In this instance he was rather upset that we took a family picture without him (as I mentioned earlier, they all call eachother brothers). You can see his expression change in the pictures from anger (at not being included in our family picture, to excitement at the reward of cookies if he smiled in the "brothers" photo! I love you Liam! You are such an amazing little boy. You always make me smile and I am so proud of your caring and fun-loving ways!



On the way home from Vancouver we stayed a couple of nights in Penticton and quickly stopped at the Enchanted forest. Every time I drive by I wish I had the energy and time to stop and check it out. My parents swear they used to take us to the Enchanted Forest all the time, but I have no memories of it! Needless to say, the kids had a great time and it was the perfect way to burn some energy on the LONG car-ride home.
While in Penticton Tiernan reminded me of his passion for the beach. The second he spotted the beach he stripped down to his Valentines underwear and headed for the water. It was truly amazing to see the difference between the boys. Tiernan had no fear while Rowan preferred to hang with me an Caelan on the blanket.

Andrew also turned the big 4-0 while we were there. Mich threw him an incredible woodstock themed suprise party that everyone will be talking about for years to come!




No comments: