CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Catching up










Well, I survived another week of Ryan working evenings. I know I am so lucky to have Ryan around as much as I do, but I have to say I am really growing tired of shift work (I know Libby and Julie understand). The day shifts are great, nights are not so bad, evenings...not so much. As much as I love my kids and enjoy hanging out with them, when it comes to the bedtime routine it is really nice to have your partner there to help with the tired and cranky ones (quite often I am the tired and cranky).
Now that I have finished my complaining for the evening I'll talk about the rest of the week. Easter was a great day. The boys loved hunting for Easter eggs. Tiernan was an especially great hunter and for the rest of the week Tiernan told everyone he encountered that the easter bunny came and made a mess throughout the house. The boys were spoiled with lots of chocolate, craft supplies, hockey nets and new shoes. Rowan cannot get enough of his new Reebok Mr. Potato head shoes (too cute).
We also enjoyed the great weather this week. We took the boys to the park and finally got to fly the kite we bought last year and played tonnes of road hockey. There is nothing better than watching your kids smile, laugh and enjoy the little things in life!
Yesterday Ryan took the older boys to the Hitmen game. They were so excited to see Farley the fox and have their faces painted. By the end of the day (with no naps) Rowie was a mess. By the end of the day he was crying over everything and his face painting was smeared everywhere, it was hard to not feel sorry for the poor little hitman.

No comments: