CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Catching up!


Life at the Laverty house is crazy! We are trying to change Tiernan's sleep patterns. He has gotten used to only sleeping in our arms, so as soon as we place him in his crib he freaks out until we pick him up again.

Yesterday we bought a book and decided to "Ferberize" him (as Krissy puts it). The book tells us to put him in his crib and only go in at set intervals. Ferber writes that babies will usually cry for about 15 minutes and very rarely will last for up to 90 minutes.

Last night we sucked it up and tried his method, thinking T would cry for 15-30 munutes.
After two and a half hours of ear-piercing screaming he finally fell asleep. Each time we went in to check on him he stopped crying and actually laughed at us. It was like he was competing to see who would last longer. Fortunately mom and dad won.

Today he was so exhausting from his competition that he went to bed with no protests...yeah!

We are hoping that this habit will soon be broken, but we must say how proud we are of Tiernan's determination!

5 comments:

Proud Momma said...

I will testify to the Ferber method! That is what kept me sane when Drew was little! I haven't had to use it with Brayden yet thankfully but if I do...it definitly works wonders! Way to bite the bullet! He looks so cute by the way!

Fernandez Family said...

I'm so excited for your site! Welcome to the party. Tiernan is so adorable and way to go on sticking to the method...its so hard but so worth it. Hard because I can't stand baby crying knowing how bad I want to hold him and he wants to be held! I think most of it is training the parents! Keep the pictures coming.

Krissy Marshall said...

HA HA...I laughed pretty good at your entry. I can't believe little T (as you refer to him as) cried for 2 hours...then laughed in your face. Good job in sticking it out. I'm sure when my time comes around it will be just as hard.
I love the pictures!

Heather Palmer said...

YEY! You are blogging! This is so great! I haven't seen T since he was a teeny tiny guy so this is great to keep up on your life! You look great by the way, and congrats to Ryan on the Sport writing award! He deserves it. I am loving that little seat thing that Tiernan has...where did you get it? Keep them pictures coming - it's so fun to check them out!

Julie Jimmieson said...

Feber eh!!! I will have to remember that, it reminds me of Meet the Fockers! Keep it coming with the tips, I will write them down